We understand that hospital bills and insurance claims can be complicated. Well, that is before we are here. With Swingvy, you can submit medical claims like a pro to your insurance providers!
Before you start submitting a medical claim, there are few things you should understand clearly about types of Medical Claims:
- Hospitalisation Claim - Pre Hospitalisation
Pre-hospitalisation expenses include various charges related to medical tests before an individual gets hospitalised. Doctors/physicians conduct a slew of tests to accurately diagnose the medical condition of a patient before prescribing treatment. It is important to note that the number of days which are covered, tends to vary depending upon the type of health insurance provider. However, in most cases, charges incurred by an individual in up to 90 days prior to his or her admission to any hospital fall within the ambit of pre-hospitalisation expenses. (depending on your insurance provider**) For instance, several tests such as blood test, urine test and X-ray among others are categorised as pre-hospitalisation expenses.
- Hospitalisation Claim - In Hospital
If your insurance policy covers hospitalisation, here is how you can claim for your medical bills or daily hospitalisation benefit (depending on your plan).
- Hospitalisation Claim - Post Hospitalisation
Post hospitalisation is additional cover benefits which the insurance company extends the policyholder whereby they provide cover for expenses covered for an illness or injury for a certain period before and after the treatment for that injury or illness is done.
Please use Aviva ClaimConnect to submitting your medical claims.
- Insurance companies are expected to promptly assess all of the claims that are made, and to pay out all claims that are covered by the wording in their policies
- If the insurance company needs more detailed information before making a decision, it will let you know what information it needs from you within 10 business days of receiving your claim