Amendment of IR8S, Appendix 8A, and Appendix 8B are not supported in Swingvy. If the amendment for the appendices (IR8S, Appendix 8A/8B) affects the figures submitted for Form IR8A, an IR8A amendment file must be submitted as well via myTax Portal.
If you have already submitted the IR8A form with benefits-in-kind amounts, learn how to amend it here.
Amend IR8A and submit directly to IRAS under Auto-Inclusion Scheme (AIS)
You have already submitted IR8A and realize you have made a mistake or missed certain items to fill in for employee(s)?
Worry not, amending the IR8A forms is easy on Swingvy. Here is a step-by-step guide on how you can make the amendment.
Step 1 - Head over to Payroll > Year-end tax
Step 2 - Click on 'Create amendment file'
Step 3 - Choose the employee(s) to amend details for.
Step 4 - Amend the needed details
- Only those included in the Original tax file in 'Submitted' status will appear on the employee list.
- The original file can be submitted only once per employee, but the Amendment file can be submitted multiple times, and all amendment records will be accumulated.
- The employee's personal particulars (e.g. address, date of birth, name of fund) cannot be edited during amendment. To correct this info, email the correct details through myTaxMail. (Select Businesses > Employers > Auto-Inclusion Scheme (AIS))
- Prepare and submit only the difference in the amount(s) between the income reported to IRAS and the actual income the affected employee(s) earned.
- Enter a negative amount if you have over-declared in the original file.
- Leave all other numeric fields not affected by the error, blank.
- Learn more in the amendment guide
Submitted Salary (under declared) = $24,000
Difference = $4,000
You should submit:
1 Amendment Record with the amount at Salary field = $4,000
Actual Bonus = $5,000
Step 5 - Click on "Save" then Click on 'Proceed'
Step 6 - Validate your IRAS > Click on 'Submit to IRAS'
There is a security authentication before submitting to IRAS.
Step 6 i - After clicking the submit button, there will be a message box to log in with CorpPass
Step 6 ii: Once you log in to CorpPass, you need to provide permission. Swingvy is able to submit tax filings/ IR8A amendments only after permission is granted.