1. Default Addition
This standard Addition item is created by default and you are not allowed to edit them.
Create your own customised Additions items if necessary. To make further changes to a payroll item, scroll down to No 2 - Customised Additions items to learn how.
However, these default Addition items can be edited in two circumstances:
- Updating the basic amount of additional items
- Select employee for monthly recurrence
2. Customised Addition items
Select this option only when you need to set up your customised Additions items.
Step 1 - Enter the new Addition name
Step 2 - If the Addition is unit base, select the checkbox and enter the per-unit amount
Step 3: If the addition is proratable for the new joiner/resignee, tick the box accordingly.
Step 3 - Select the statutory which will be subjected to this Addition
Step 4 - Choose employee
Step 5 - Finish this setup by clicking Save
The proration will only be calculated based on the proration setting that has been set in:
Payroll > Setting > Payroll Setting > Proration Setting
- It is only configurable only when ‘Apply pro-rata calculation for new joiners/resignees’ is ENABLED in ‘Payroll > Setting > Payroll setting > Proration setting’ (If not enabled, the checkbox is not visible)
- The calculation will be based on the ‘Pro-rata basis’ set in ‘Payroll > Setting > Payroll setting > Proration setting’.
Learn more about Addition items:
- Addition name - Enter a unique name for the new payroll item
Category – Click on the drop-down list for the below selection:
Monthly remuneration (normal monthly tax computation will be applied)
Additional remuneration (bonus tax computation will be applied)
Basic amount - The amount will be auto-generated every month for the selected employees. You can still edit the amount when running the payroll.
Calculate by unit – When you run payroll, you can calculate the amount by entering the ‘No. of unit’. (Formula: ‘Unit amount’ x 'No. of unit')
Statutory – Tick on the statutory attribute for this new item
EA form field – Select the EA form output column from the selection list
Select employee(s) for monthly recurrence - Apply to all or selected employees